Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lookin' Good!


Yeah, it's come to this. I didn't really want to have to resort to such extremes, but he forced my hand. I bought him a scratching post, which he didn't touch. A bucketful of toys, which he does play with but it doesn't fill his need to scratch. Instead, he prefers the couch, the loveseat, the side of the bed, and the carpets. Honestly, I feel bad for my little Rillies. I do. But he has what my Grandma Lil used to call a mind of his own. Stubborn, not prone to bend his will to mine.

So I fixed him. Fixed him good. These are Soft Paws, a veterinarian recommended fake fingernail set for cats. They come off when cats normally shed their nails, every six weeks or so. Then you reapply them. In the meanwhile, they can't scratch your furniture. They're non-toxic and completely harmless, even if they happen to swallow them.



He was not amused. I only feel mildly sorry for him. Scratch to your heart's content, kitty boy!


It wasn't a fun process. But, I have to admit, the red is sorta flattering. Goes with his collar.
I think he'll recover, maybe start talking to me again in a few weeks. Or when he needs another scoop of kitty kibbles.

8 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

HAHA!
I thought you painted his toe nails!

well, i hope that works! my naughty tt is into boxes...she shreds them. maybe i should take her to the nail salon, too!

love you!

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

Can your cat retract his claws with those on?

A.Bananna said...

I thought the girls painted his toe nails! LOL!!!! that is too funny!

I have heard these work very well and they are not harmful in anyway! wooo!!!

I love you!!

p.s. I got those books!! Thank you so so much! I got them 3 days ago and Hidden is finished! I could not put it down!! Thank you so much! I always enjoy getting books from you!!

Celebration of Life said...

I have never heard of that! I'm glad it works. Even though Rillie doesn't like it, it is a lot less painful then having him declawed. It's a very creative and humane solution!

Lynetta said...

It is very humane, and he doesn't even notice they're on. (After they're in place, of course--installing them is another story!) He can retract his claws with no problem at all. Doug thinks it's too humiliating for him with the red and wants me to get clear ones. I'm thinking red and green for Christmas and purple and pink for Easter :-)Aren't cats color blind, anyway?

AJ-glad you like the books! Pass them on to whomever will enjoy them when you are finished.

Tammy Bowers said...

I love the pink! That is sooooo great. I'm going to show this post to my mom as it may solve her problem with Big Red Fred.

Velvet Ginger said...

Wow!!!! I have never heard of that before! That looks way cool!

lolly said...

Now I have seen everything! Love and miss you lots! I didn't know you were going to be at Monte's house this weekend until 20 minutes ago...too bad we can't get together!