Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More vacation pics


So where did I leave off? Ah, yes... the donut party on Halloween. Well, as you can see it got a little wild.



Ahhh... the smells of the ocean air, the waves crashing on the rocks, and seagulls sailing overhead. Man, I sure do miss that! Even on a grey and cloudy day, my heart soared to be near the beach again. This is near our old house. See the lighthouse waaay out there?



This is the table setting on the first morning of our stay at the bed and breakfast in Seal Rock. Talk about pampered! What a fabulous, relaxing time. Resting on the Rock is certainly an appropriate name.

This place is called Elephant Rock. You can't see it in the picture, but it's covered with pelicans this year. Apparently they had become almost nil on the Central Oregon Coast, but they're now making a comeback. Wish I could've gotten a better picture of these beautiful, graceful birds.



And here's another shot nearby, down the beach a bit. Isn't it gorgeous?



Here's Doug with one of the many special people at Newport Nazarene. Nine years ago, Doug was at rock bottom, broken and hurting, and Don welcomed him and showed him around the place. That was the first church he'd stepped into in years...and never considered shopping around for another one after that day. We weren't surprised that Don was the first one we'd see as we pulled in. He's still faithfully waiting to greet people with that big hug and exuberant welcome after all this time.

I have lots more pictures, but not on my camera... I'm hoping for some to be emailed, so if I get some more, I'll post them!

9 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

The coast is amazing, isn't it? Wow. Love the pic of Elephant Rock! And that dang Cheez Head! lol cute!

Gramma would have loved that photo of the lighthouse!

love you!

M&M FAMILY said...

That really makes me miss oregon . I am glad you had a great time .

A.Bananna said...

THe elephant rock is so cool! I love seeing pics of your family. that is a really neat story about doug and your old church! sometimes you just feel in the right spot. That is how rick and I feel! Love you!!

Velvet Ginger said...

Beautiful scenery! Lovely table setting there and of course Wonderfully lovely family!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing those great pics!

Celebration of Life said...

I loved visiting the west coast and your description of the sights, smells and sounds is right on! It brought back memories for me too!

A.Bananna said...

just came by to say Hello and also Love you!! hope you are having fun getting ready for thanksgiving!

Velvet Ginger said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lynetta & Doug and your sweet girsl!!!!
Love you!!!!

A.Bananna said...

Happy THanksgiving! We love you and your family!! I am thankful for you and your beautiful family also!! Have a great day!!

Celebration of Life said...

You have been tagged; come and see!