Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day


This is my favorite vet, my Dad. From my youth, he taught me to honor the dead by serving the living. Ever since I can remember, he's worked at doing that by serving in the VFW. In Buffalo, where he lives, the VFW POST raises money through Bingo and concessions at the fairgrounds to help people in the community. They supply car seats and medical equipment to people who can't afford them and wake up early to put out flags on patriotic holidays.

Love you, Dad! Wish I could be out there with you to put flags up and down Main St. today!

11 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

Ahh, that is such a sweet picture of your dad and he's one of my favorite Vets, too! Along with YOU and monte and grammas brothers and my dad and his twin...

Happy Veterans Day! Love you!

M&M FAMILY said...

That's so sweet and i wish i was there to help with the flags this year too. He is a great man .

A.Bananna said...

that is very sweet! Thank you to Mike and thank you lynetta for your service also! Love you!

Tammy Bowers said...

And happy Vet's Day to you too, Lynetta. Thank you for your service as well!

Velvet Ginger said...

That's a really good picture of Mike! He is such a good guy, he aslways has been! Very nice tribute to him & and Monte and you and Dad & Darrel all our Vets - Lynetta!!

Celebration of Life said...

That is a real good picture of Mike! Even though we didn't have any boys in our immediate family, we do have a lot of vets in our family. My significant other, Gary, is a Vietham Vet also.

Your dad has always served others and is a wonderful man!

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i've always really loved your dad!

Celebration of Life said...

Your dad has a kind spirit and big heart. He was so good to all of us when Mother died. I will never forget him cooking us all hamburgers and hot dogs and letting us use his firewood for the campfire in the rain!

Velvet Ginger said...

That'swhat i was thinking Jo...he steppedright in there and showed us he cared! Great Dad you have Deeta!!!

A.Bananna said...

I love you! have a great week!

hey!! teresa here! said...

hey this is teresa u dont no me i am new blogging, tersa.adams94@yahoo.com nice pic of ur dad!! he looks sweet. happy vetrins day!!