Thursday, December 4, 2008

7 Things Meme

My Auntie JoJo tagged me on this, so here are seven random things about me:

One of the most frequent things I say to my kids is, "don't waste water." I can almost hear my Grandma Lil's voice in my head! She probably said it to me a few thousand times as a youngster :-)


I am never, ever eating ham and beans again. I was really, really sick (I think from a church potluck) on Mon and Tuesday and guess what I ate Sunday night? Yup. Many reasons to make it: I grew up on it, it's an inexpensive, healthy dinner, my husband loves it, but... YUCK. No way.

My most favorite Christmas memory is when I was six or seven years old. I got my first bike ever! It was sitting under the tree all shiny, white and blue with a butterfly on the banana seat. Even had a gigantic gold bow on it! It was the coolest ever. Grandma Lil was sitting on the couch when I got up; she had fun telling the story all day of how my jaw dropped when I saw it.

My idea of paradise is the Oregon Coast. I know there are going to be craggy shorelines like this with big, powerful crashing waves in Heaven.


I finally broke down and got a new cell phone. It flips open for easy texting! Should have done it a long time ago. (But I waited for an awesome deal.)

I'll be spending my first Christmas in Tennessee at our new home. Here's one of the resorts on the way to the Smoky MT. National Park. It's called The Inn at Christmas Place. Not that we're staying there, I just think it's cool. Maybe someday!

We spent Thanksgiving with some great friends who also moved from the Oregon Coast to Nashville this year. They served an amazing meal and played some incredible music for us. The top picture is Kim and Joe with Doug at the piano. Kim and Doug are playing a Sleigh Ride duet. The bottom picture is Steven and Spencer with Mariah and Katie; the boys were able to play some of their own compositions for us, as well as some more familiar tunes. Very talented, nice family!

10 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

cool cool cool things, mydeeta! glad you have that special Christmas memory!

and that is quite the coast line!

have a wonderful holiday season in your new state!

love you oodles!

e

i think doug should record a piano cd of christmas songs for his aunts :o)

Velvet Ginger said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving...the girls are so dang cute! The music must have been wonderful.
Intersting stuff about you! Love you!

Celebration of Life said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved all of your answers. I miss you, wish you were in Wyoming for Christmas!

lolly said...

I wish you were in Wyoming for Christmas, too! My family will be there in time to open presents Christmas Eve. I miss you and am glad you are settling in nicely. Maybe on one of your trips out West we will be able to hook up! Love ya!

A.Bananna said...

Love the post and the pics!!

I like ellies Idea too!! but...send one to me tooooooo! Love you!!

Celebration of Life said...

I definitely like Ellie's idea! Don't forget to send one to your favorite Aunt JoJo!

Velvet Ginger said...

My Deeta, I was wondering why you come and look at my blog often, and stay long enough to read everything but don't comment. If I have done something to offend you, please let me know. Love you.

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i love you too!

Velvet Ginger said...

Mom was way ahead of her time with the "not waisting water" thing...she was very wise/1 Love you!

Celebration of Life said...

I love you too!